What is Attention Autism?
A fun and exciting method of teaching children to attend through engaging with their natural curiosities and interests.
Attention Autism is a highly motivating and creative approach to building attention and early communication skills.
Attention Autism is:
- Suitable for all ages and abilities
- A four stage process, beginning with stage 1 and gradually working up through to stage 4
- Can be linked to curriculum and made appropriate for all pupils
- Through Attention Autism we are making shared memories, building attention skills, relationships and inspiring functional
- shared social communication
- Attention Autism is all about helping our pupils to do the right thing at the right time in the right place.
Attention Autism in action in Sandside Lodge School
Examples of Michelle demonstrating 3 different bucket activities, stage one of Attention Autism:
There are 3 staff in school who are trained. These staff members started to deliver Attention Autism in their classes in September 2020 and are very impressed with how engaged and excited pupils have become with the bucket and stage 2 tasks. The attention of our pupils has certainly been grabbed! The trained staff are looking forward to upskilling more staff in the future and beginning to move into stage 3 in their own classes, as well as see how Attention Autism can develop across the wider school.