Sandside Lodge School is a Move school.
We promote functional mobility throughout the day to enhance and develop skills.
Move offers support for students with physical difficulties and is led by Grace Mitchell.
We have a MOVE Quality Mark following an inspection. Here is what the assessor said:
• She could not believe how much we have achieved in such a short time.
• It was clear all staff across the organisation had the ‘buy in’.
• Grace did a BRILLIANT job (Go Grace!) – it was credit to the work she has done in enabling and developing others, taking the lead and supporting staff.
• The evidence was ‘incredible’ – ‘A shining example’
• Communication across the school is ‘brilliant – everyone knew each cohort and what was happening next’.
Move at Sandside Lodge School places families at the heart of the programme. It focuses on aspirational goals set by the individual and/or their families. Activities are meaningful, motivating, personalised and fun!.
Functional targets can range from: