Clubs and Events
The Sod has officially been cut and construction of the site well on the way. Below are a few articles about the event.
Thank you you to everyone that made films for Sandsides 2018 film night and to everyone that turned up to see what we have been up to over the school year. See you next year which will be even better!
Thank you to all the motorbikes that showed up for Ulverston Motorcycle Clubs annual easter egg delivery. The pupils really enjoyed themselves Thank you.
8 reasons they need your support today:
1. In the next 10 minutes, a child will be diagnosed as disabled.
2. Demand for our services is higher than ever.
3. Support for disabled children is needed up and down the country.
4. Our Face-to-Face services introduce parents of disabled children to each other in their local community so they do not have to feel alone anymore.
5. Every child deserves the best possible start in life.
6. The essential support we provide helps families to stick together through the tough times.
7. Parents tell us all the time that they came to Scope because there was no one else they could turn to.
8. It is a little known fact that 80 per cent of disabled children experience sleep problems, compared to just 25 percent of non-disabled children.
We managed to raise £2777.50 for the school funds. Thank you very much to Helen Waddington who organised the show and to everyone who took part, bought show and raffle tickets or donated prizes. It was a very special evening.
All of us at Sandside would like to thank Cath Nevison for her many years of service and wish her luck in the coming years. We hope that you have a happy retirement Cath!
Please join us for the Sandside cabaret night 3rd April 7.30pm at the Forum 28. Tickets £6.50 each or £22 for Family of 4, but hurry the Family of 4 tickets are only on sale until 28.03.2018. This is an event you don't want to miss, to get tickets please call us on 01229 588825.
The annual Sandside Duck race happened on 10.3.18. Thank you to everyone who bought a duck and who turned up on the day. We managed to raise £250.20 for our school fund.
Thank you to everyone who baked for, helped at, bought items and drank coffee, at the Coronation Hall. We managed have managed to raise £478.93 for our school fund.
Stunning results from Holker and praise from Charlie Dimmock. Read all about it here.